Are you looking for an easy, discreet way to buy cannabis seeds in Canada? Look no further! In this article, we look at the top 5 Canadian Seed Banks that offer fast delivery and guarantee quality.
Find out which ones made it to the list, and why they are worthy of your trust!
Disclosure: Our website is supported by our users. We may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase using one of our links. Read the full affiliate disclosure here.
Introduction to Cannabis Seed Banks
Cannabis seed banks are a type of bank that specializes in the storage and sale of cannabis seeds. These banks typically have a large selection of different cannabis strains, and they may also offer other services such as grow advice and tips. Cannabis seed banks play an important role in the cannabis industry, as they help to preserve valuable genetics and make it easier for growers to obtain the seeds they need.
If you're looking to buy cannabis seeds, there are a few things you need to know. First and foremost, it's important to find a reputable seed bank. There are a lot of scams out there, so it's important to do your research. Most reputable seed banks offer discreet shipping options so that your purchase stays private. Second is to choose the type of seed you are looking for:
Regular: Regular cannabis seeds can produce either male or female plants, while feminized seeds will only produce female plants. Regular seeds are highly desirable by breeders as they are essential for developing new stains.
Feminized: Feminized cannabis seeds are specially bred to produce only female plants. The main benefit of growing feminized cannabis seeds is that it guarantees that every plant in your crop is a potential source of high-quality buds.
Autoflower: Autoflowering seeds are generally easier to grow than regular seeds. They have a shorter grow time from seed to harvest, so you can get multiple harvests in a single season.
What to Consider When Choosing a Seed Bank
When choosing a cannabis seed bank, there are several things to consider in order to ensure you are getting the best possible product and service. Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Location: Is the seed bank based in your home country? This is important for two reasons: first, it means that the company is subject to local law and regulations; second, it means that they are likely to have better knowledge of the local market and climate, which can impact your grow.
- Shipping: How does the seed bank ship its products? Do they offer discreet packaging and fast delivery?
- Selection: What types of seeds does the bank carry? Do they have a good selection of both regular and feminized seeds?
- Price: Is the price per seed competitive? Are there any discounts or promotions available?
- Customer service: Is customer service responsive and helpful? Do they offer a money-back guarantee?
- Reputation: Do your research, check forums, and chat rooms, type the name into google and check the search results.
Top 5 Canadian Seed Banks Recommendations
There are many great cannabis seed banks and here are our top picks for fast and discreet delivery. Before making any recommendations, every seed bank is audited against our rating criteria (Reputation, Germination Guarantee, Stealth shipping, Delivery time, Price, and Payment Options).
Crop King Seeds Worldwide shipping
*HQ: Vancouver, Canada
*80% germination guarantee
*24/7 live chat
ILGM US Shipping
*Best seeds guaranteed from shipment to germination
*30K + online positive reviews
*HQ: California, USA
*10% Bitcoin discount
*Best for extensive seed selection and PROMOS!
Quebec Cannabis Seeds Canada and US shipping
*Strains of Feminized, Auto, Regular, high CBD
*Breeder focuses on medical cannabis strains
*Germination guaranteed to 80%
*Canadian delivery between 5-7 days
Rocket Seeds Worldwide Shipping (49 countries)
*HQ: NY, USA
*Offers a huge selection of seeds
*Excellent customer support
True North Worldwide Delivery
*HQ: Toronto, Canada
*Sell from reputable breeders
Is it legal to buy Cannabis Seeds in Canada?
In 2018, the Cannabis Act was passed, making Canada the second country in the world to legalize cannabis for recreational use. The rules surrounding cannabis use are similar to those for alcohol: adults over the age of 18 can purchase and consume cannabis, but it is not allowed in public spaces or while operating a vehicle. Cannabis can be bought from licensed retailers or online from a federally-licensed producer. Possession is limited to 30 grams per person of legal cannabis, dried or equivalent in non-dried form in public.
There has been some debate about whether or not the legal age should be 19, as it is in some provinces, but ultimately the federal government decided on 18. This is because most young adults are already familiar with cannabis and its effects, and setting the legal age at 19 would create an unnecessary barrier to access.
Cannabis Act creates a strict framework: Cannabis Legalization and Regulation 1Cannabis Legalization and Regulation https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/
- keep cannabis out of the hands of youth
- keep profits out of the pockets of criminals
- protect public health and safety by allowing adults access to legal cannabis
What is legal as of October 17, 2018? Cannabis Act 2Cannabis Act https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/
subject to provincial or territorial restrictions, adults who are 18 years of age or older are legally able to:
- possess up to 30 grams of legal cannabis, dried or equivalent in non-dried form in public
- share up to 30 grams of legal cannabis with other adults
- buy dried or fresh cannabis and cannabis oil from a provincially-licensed retailer
- in provinces and territories without a regulated retail framework, individuals are able to purchase cannabis online from federally-licensed producers
- grow, from licensed seed or seedlings, up to 4 cannabis plants per residence for personal use
- make cannabis products, such as food and drinks, at home as long as organic solvents are not used to create concentrated products
As of October 17, 2019, cannabis edible products and concentrates are legal for sale.
Cannabis legalization has been a huge victory for advocates who have been fighting for decades to end prohibition. It represents a shift in public attitude towards cannabis, and will hopefully lead to further liberalization of laws around the world.
How we chose each Seed Bank
While most growers know what strain they want, they must also take into account:
1) Reputation: A seed bank's reputation is something that's earned over time, through the quality of the products they offer and the level of customer service they provide. Before the Leafypedia team make any recommendations they measure:
- The length of time they've been in business: A longer history usually indicates a more reputable company.
- What kind of reviews they have: Look for both positive and negative reviews, and see what kind of feedback people are giving.
- Their product offerings: See what kinds of seeds they offer, and whether they have a good selection.
- Customer service: How easy is it to get in touch with them if you have questions or problems? Do they seem helpful and knowledgeable?
Taking all of these factors into account will help you make a decision about which cannabis seed bank should make it onto our “recommended” list.
2) Germination Guarantee: Depending on where you live, and whether germination is legal in your country (check your local laws), Seed Banks are generally given a higher rating if they offer the germination guarantee. Germination can take place anything between 12-72 hours so you'll know very quickly if the seeds are good. Photographic evidence is normally required for this.
3) Stealth and Discreet Delivery: Stealth shipping is extremely important when packages are travelling overseas. Even if seeds are legal in your country, most people want their package to arrive discreetly.
4) Delivery Time: No one wants their package to arrive after six weeks… the quicker the shipping (some are 24hours), the higher the score.
5) Price: We review prices, promos, and loyalty programmes.
6) Payment options: We review all payment options on offer, bank transfers, crypto, visa etc, the more the better.
Tips for Buying Cannabis Seeds Online
If you're looking to buy cannabis seeds online, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure a smooth transaction. Here are some tips for buying cannabis seeds online:
- Make sure the seed bank you choose is reputable and has a good track record. There are a lot of scam artists out there, so do your research before handing over any money.
- Read the reviews of other customers before making a purchase. This can give you an idea of what to expect in terms of quality and service.
- Choose a seed bank that offers discreet shipping options. You don't want your seeds showing up at your door in plain sight!
- Pay attention to the payment methods offered by the seed bank. Some only accept certain types of payments, so be sure to check before buying.
- Make sure you understand the return policy before making a purchase. You don't want to be stuck with seeds that don't germinate!
The Best Seed Banks: The Bottom Line
We hope that this article has provided you with the information you need to make an informed decision when it comes to buying cannabis seeds . With the help of our top list, we believe you’ll be able to find a reliable seed bank that offers fast and discreet delivery so that your purchase stays between you and them. Don't forget: Remember to always check your local laws!
Sign Up for the “Cannabis Content Worth Sharing” Newsletter
Get Cannabis Smarter in only 3 minutes a day. Leafypedia breaksdown heavy information into bitesized chunks. Sign up to in the know!
Sources and References
- 1Cannabis Legalization and Regulation https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/
- 2Cannabis Act https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/