With the ongoing CBD craze, it's important to find the right brand for you when shopping for CBD products. But with so many brands offering such a wide variety of products, how do you know which one is the right choice? Find out in this article where we break down the top 6 U.S. brands and what makes them stand out from the rest!
Disclosure: Our website is supported by our users. We may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase using one of our links. Read the full affiliate disclosure here.
What is CBD?
Before searching for CBD products, its important to go back to basic and make sure you understand what CBD acutally is. CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in cannabis plants. Unlike its better-known counterpart THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), CBD does not produce a high. However, it does have a number of potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety, relieving pain, and improving sleep.
CBD is available in a variety of forms, including oils, tinctures, capsules, edibles, vapes, and topicals. It can be taken orally or applied topically to the skin. CBD is also sometimes used as an ingredient in beauty products.
The effects of CBD vary depending on the individual. Some people report feeling more relaxed or less anxious after taking CBD. Others find that it helps with pain relief or improves their sleep quality. There is still much research to be done on the potential health benefits of CBD, but it is considered to be safe for most people to use.
So how does CBD work? When taken orally, CBD interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which helps to regulate various functions such as mood, sleep, and appetite. The endocannabinoid system consists of receptors located throughout the body, including in the brain. When CBD binds to these receptors, it can help to modulate their activity and provide various health benefits.
For example, CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety by binding to the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor1 Study: Cannabidiol – Anxiety-like behavior in a model of neuropathic pain https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6319597/. This is the same receptor that anti-anxiety medications like Prozac work by binding to this receptor, CBD can help to increase levels of serotonin in the brain, which can in turn help to reduce anxiety levels.
CBD has also been shown to bind to the pain-relieving cannabinoid receptor known as CB22 Study: Cannabinoids and Pain: New Insights From Old Molecules https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6277878/. Doing so, it can help to reduce inflammation and pain signals sent to the brain. In addition, CBD has also been shown to bind to adenosine receptors. These are involved in regulating sleep patterns. By binding to these receptors, CBD can help to promote wakefulness during the day and induce sleep at night.
Benefits of CBD
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of over 100 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it won’t get you high. research shows that CBD has a host of potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety, improving sleep, and relieving pain.
CBD is believed to work by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate things like mood, sleep, and appetite. Some studies have even shown that CBD can help treat more serious conditions like epilepsy and schizophrenia.
If you’re interested in trying CBD, there are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for products. First, make sure you buy from a reputable brand that uses third-party lab testing to ensure their products are pure and potent. Second, start with a low dose and increase gradually as needed to find your perfect dosage. And lastly, make sure you purchase CBD products made from organic hemp grown in the United States.
Top 6 CBD Brands in the U.S.
There are a number of CBD products available on the market, ranging from shampoos and conditioners to hair oils and serums. Here are the six best CBD brands to keep an eye on that offer a range of products. Before making any recommendations, every brand is audited against our rating criteria (Specialization, Reputation, Composition, Product Source, Lab Testing, and Ingredients).
CBDistillery U.S. Shipping Only
* Offers broad-spectrum,full-spectrum and CBD Isolate
* Certified by U.S. Hemp Authority and third-party tested
binoid U.S. shipping only
* Located in Los Angeles and began in 2018
* Huge cannabinoid range (CBD, Delta 8, Delta 9, THCA, HHC-P, THC-P, THC-)
Green Roads U.S. shipping
* Excellent website allowing you to search via symptom or product
Charlottes Web U.S. and Canada Shipping Only
* The largest U.S. CBD company
* A B Corporation Certified which maintains industrial-leading standards for the consistency, quality, and safety of its products.
Joy Organics U.S. Delivery
* Offers broad-spectrum,full-spectrum and CBD Isolate
* Products are third-party tested
CBDfx U.S. EU and UK Shipping
* The worlds second-largest CBD company
* Has one of the largest # of positive reviews online
Comparing Prices and Quality
There are a lot of factors to consider when shopping for CBD products. Price is certainly one of the most important factors, but it's also important to consider quality. After all, you want to make sure you're getting a product that is effective and safe.
To help you compare prices and quality, we've put together a list of some of the best CBD brands in the United States. We looked at a variety of factors, including price, potency, third-party testing, customer reviews, and more.
Product on saleBinoid CBDFX CBD for Pets Oil Tincture
Product on saleBinoid Knockout Blend Gummies
Product on saleBinoid THC-P Wax Dabs
Product on saleBinoid Live Resin Delta 9 Vape Disposable Combo Pack
Product on saleBinoid CBDFX CBD Melatonin Gummies 1500mg
Product on saleBinoid CBDFX CBD Gummies with Turmeric & Spirulina
Reading Lab Reports
When you're shopping for CBD products, it's important to be able to read and understand lab reports. This guide will teach you how to do just that, so you can make sure you're getting the best possible product.
First, let's take a look at what information is typically included in a lab report. You'll see the name of the company that performed the testing, as well as the date that the testing was performed. The report will also include information on the type of CBD used in the product, as well as the concentration of CBD.
CBDistillery is very transparent in sharing its lab test results, for every product you can view the results.
Next, you'll see a section on what was actually tested. This includes things like purity and potency. Purity refers to how much CBD is in the product, while potency measures how strong the effects of the CBD are. It's important to note that not all products are created equal – some have more potent CBD than others.
Finally, you'll see the results of the testing itself. This includes things like whether or not there were any contaminants found in the product. If a product fails any of these tests, it's likely not worth your money.
Now that you know how to read lab reports, you can be sure you're getting a quality CBD product from a reputable company. Do your research and shop around until you find a product that meets your needs and budget – and always make sure to check those lab reports!
The Best CBD Brands in the U.S. – The Bottom Line
When it comes to CBD hair products, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, make sure you're buying from a reputable source. There are a lot of snake oil salesmen out there selling subpar CBD products. Second, be sure to read the labels carefully. Some CBD products may contain other ingredients that you're not looking for. Finally, always start with a small amount and increase as needed. With these guidelines in mind, let's take a look at some of the best CBD hair products on the market today.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CBD products are becoming more and more popular, but with so many options on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. If you're looking for the best CBD products available in the United States, this guide is for you. We'll cover everything from what to look for when shopping for CBD products to the top U.S. brands selling high-quality CBD oil, gummies, capsules, topicals, and more.
What Is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol. It's a naturally occurring compound found in cannabis plants, including hemp and marijuana. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), another compound found in cannabis plants, CBD does not cause psychoactive effects or a “high.”
There is a growing body of scientific evidence to support the health benefits of CBD. Studies have shown that CBD may help reduce anxiety and pain, improve sleep quality, and even boost cognitive function.
What Are The Different Types Of CBD Products?
There are many different types of CBD products available on the market today. The most popular forms include:
CBD Oil: CBD oil is perhaps the most popular type of CBD product. CBD oil is typically made by extracting CBD from hemp plants and then diluting it with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil. CBD oils can be taken orally or applied topically to the skin.
CBD Edibles: CBD edibles are another popular type of CBD product. Edibles can come in many different forms, including gummies, candies, chocolates, and more. Like CBD oils, edibles can be taken orally or applied topically to the skin.
CBD Topicals: Topicals are another popular type of CBD product. Topicals are applied directly to the skin and can provide relief for a variety of conditions, including pain, inflammation, and more.
CBD Capsules: Capsules are an easy way to take CBD, as they contain a pre-measured dose of cannabidiol. Capsules can be taken orally with water or added to food or drink.
CBD Vapes: Vaping is a popular way to consume CBD, as it allows for quick absorption into the bloodstream. Vaping also allows users to control the dosage of cannabidiol they consume.
How we chose each product
We believe that everyone deserves access to safe and effective CBD products, which is why we take care to recommend only the very best, carefully reviewing the following areas.
1) Brand Specialization – Identify the WHY – what do you want to use CBD for: When it comes to taking CBD, it's important to first decide why you want to use it and in what form. Every brand can specialize in different areas, so you'll want to find one that meets your specific needs. For instance, if you're looking for pain relief, you'll want to find a brand that specializes in that area. The Leafypedia team try to identify the “leaders” in each speciality area.
2) Reputation: A brands' reputation is something that's earned over time, through the quality of the products they offer and the level of customer service they provide. Before the Leafypedia team make any recommendations they measure:
- The length of time they've been in business: A longer history usually indicates a more reputable company.
- What kind of reviews they have: Look for both positive and negative reviews, and see what kind of feedback people are giving.
- Their product offerings: See what kinds of seeds they offer, and whether they have a good selection.
- Customer service: How easy is it to get in touch with them if you have questions or problems? Do they seem helpful and knowledgeable?
Taking all of these factors into account will help you make a decision about which brand should make it onto our “recommended” list.
3) Understanding the composition: Depending whether you choose Full-spectrum, Broad-spectrum or CBD isolate, will really determine the product composition.
- Full-spectrum CBD refers to products that contain all of the cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, including CBD and THC (<0.3%).
- Broad-spectrum CBD is a type of CBD that contains all of the cannabinoids and other beneficial compounds found in the hemp plant, with very little or no THC. This makes broad-spectrum CBD ideal for people who want the benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects of THC.
- CBD isolate –think of this as pure CBD i.e. no THC content.
4) Product source: Lot's of CBD products come from hemp not marijuana and most hemp products in the U.S. in particular come from hemp sources in Colorado or Oregon. In Colorado, the state's agriculatural program performs spot-tests checking THC levels. It's very important to check the labels and understand the source i.e. Colorado or Oregon is best.
5) Lab Testing: Good CBD producers will openly share their lab test results “Certificate of analysis” on the sales page along with their products. This shows transparency, if the retailers doesnt share this, it's a no-go area.
6) Ingredients and CBD Levels: Good products will also share the CBD amount and make easy for consumers to understand. Again, if this is not clear, is a no-go area as they shouldn't have anything to hide.
Tips for Buying CBD Products Online
If you're looking to buy CBD products online, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure a smooth transaction. Here are some tips for buying cannabis seeds online:
- Make sure the store you choose is reputable and has a good track record. There are a lot of scam artists out there, so do your research before handing over any money.
- Read the reviews of other customers before making a purchase. This can give you an idea of what to expect in terms of quality and service.
- Make sure you know the CBD laws for your state
Sign Up for the “Cannabis Content Worth Sharing” Newsletter
Get Cannabis Smarter in only 3 minutes a day. Leafypedia breaksdown heavy information into bitesized chunks. Sign up to in the know!
Sources and References
- 1Study: Cannabidiol – Anxiety-like behavior in a model of neuropathic pain https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6319597/
- 2Study: Cannabinoids and Pain: New Insights From Old Molecules https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6277878/